Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"You've come a long way, baby."


Okay, I know that I'm going to get a lot of shit for posting this, I just want everyone to know that I, in no way whatsoever, support the big tabacco industries, nor do I support the exploitation of women or their liberation movement for corporate profits. But, I thought I would post an old Women's Liberation era Virginia Slims cigarette advertisement to show you that, well, we have come along way from the time this ad was put out, yet, with the continued exploitation of women to sell products, ideas, etc. we still have a long way to go, just as many people grew complacent during this era that they had come a long way, which is true, I feel that we have also grown to complacent and must continue speaking out for women.

Gotta love the 70s advertising though, it's sassy aint it?

No comments:

Post a Comment